Tech
MPAA says making even "one copy" of a DVD is illegal. Once again, the MPAA doesn't believe in Fair Use.
UK copyright industry wants to use pop-ups to stop file-sharing. The people that work for the copyright industry really are among the worst people on Earth, aren't they? Popups are scumware.
Six months and still no ISPs officially signed up on the RIAA's program. Wanna know why? Because those ISPs don't want to lose the revenue. The ISPs already know that a lot of their customers are getting pissed about things like bandwidth caps, and pushing the RIAA's agenda on their customers certainly wouldn't help the ISPs' business any.
War on piracy more important than right to privacy, at least in Switzerland. Land of quality watches and neutrality, just not so hot on privacy.
Government intranet packed full of warez. All the pirated stuff was found on the intranet of the Brazilian senate. One of whom has been pushing for tougher anti-piracy legislation there. Do as I say, not as I do, right?
Feds shutter 'Black Hat' ISP. Sounds like they were into some of the worst stuff on the net. Still you have to wonder how long it is before they're going after ISPs that don't host malicious things, just things that the people in power simply don't like.
Entertainment (And One Video Game Story)
Sir Sean Connery leaves a voice message for one of his fans. Connery's the coolest.
HEROES casts new villain. And it's T-Bag from PRISON BREAK.
Sigourney Weaver to star in sci-fi comedy movie PAUL. That's the upcoming Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie.
Before its time? Valve explains LEFT 4 DEAD sequel to Ars. I don't see why people are pissed that Valve is getting a sequel out in an inordinately timely fashion. I'm only (slightly) pissed that LEFT 4 DEAD is already getting a sequel because I've been waiting for HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE 3 for almost two years.
MPAA says making even "one copy" of a DVD is illegal. Once again, the MPAA doesn't believe in Fair Use.
UK copyright industry wants to use pop-ups to stop file-sharing. The people that work for the copyright industry really are among the worst people on Earth, aren't they? Popups are scumware.
Six months and still no ISPs officially signed up on the RIAA's program. Wanna know why? Because those ISPs don't want to lose the revenue. The ISPs already know that a lot of their customers are getting pissed about things like bandwidth caps, and pushing the RIAA's agenda on their customers certainly wouldn't help the ISPs' business any.
War on piracy more important than right to privacy, at least in Switzerland. Land of quality watches and neutrality, just not so hot on privacy.
Government intranet packed full of warez. All the pirated stuff was found on the intranet of the Brazilian senate. One of whom has been pushing for tougher anti-piracy legislation there. Do as I say, not as I do, right?
Feds shutter 'Black Hat' ISP. Sounds like they were into some of the worst stuff on the net. Still you have to wonder how long it is before they're going after ISPs that don't host malicious things, just things that the people in power simply don't like.
Entertainment (And One Video Game Story)
Sir Sean Connery leaves a voice message for one of his fans. Connery's the coolest.
HEROES casts new villain. And it's T-Bag from PRISON BREAK.
Sigourney Weaver to star in sci-fi comedy movie PAUL. That's the upcoming Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie.
Before its time? Valve explains LEFT 4 DEAD sequel to Ars. I don't see why people are pissed that Valve is getting a sequel out in an inordinately timely fashion. I'm only (slightly) pissed that LEFT 4 DEAD is already getting a sequel because I've been waiting for HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE 3 for almost two years.
1 comments:
I really liked Sigourney Weaver in Galaxy Quest. I thought she was hilarious, so I am looking forward to seeing her in this movie. Should be neat...
Post a Comment