Thursday, June 4, 2009

Links For 6-4-2009

Tech

What a non-neutral 'Net looks like, UK-style. Basically bandwidth caps and the inability to access certain things at a reasonable speed. Probably the future of the net everywhere. Sad, isn't it?

Former RIAA CEO: "Napster forced us to listen to music fans." Wait, what? Unless I accidentally fell into a portal to some sort of alternate universe, where I come from the RIAA don't give a shit about music fans or, for that matter, musical artists.

Can Washington charge unauthorized downloaders with tax evasion? You can actually see the MPAA and RIAA licking their chops over this one. I'm sure the bought and paid for politicians will pass this, and a few will vote against it. I fully expect it to pass based on how pro-big content the current administration and all of their appointees are.

No surprise here: Three strikes law creates opportunity for encrypted VPN services in France. People will always find away around restrictions. Always.

Entertainment

Chelsea Handler apologizes to Costa Rica (for I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here)

New writer hired to pen the remake of TOTAL RECALL

I never thought i would regret Rodriguez leaving BARBARELLA. I don't know what the author of this story's opinions on Rodriguez's movies is, personally I like a bunch of his movies, but at least ol' Robert has made some decent movies. His replacement is crap factory.

Go to hell, Brian Grazer. A STRETCH ARMSTRONG movie? These Hasbro toy movies are amongst the worst ideas ever.

REAPER might actually survive on SyFy...or somewhere else. Well, it'll have to be somewhere else, since SyFy (yuck) said no.

Original STAR TREK boss doesn't like the Enterprise's new pilots. In my opinion, nobody can ever replace the original cast/crew. However, I did like the new movie. I thought, for the most part, the new cast did really good jobs. (The most standout being Karl Urban's McCoy.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment