Tech & Related
Judge 'friends' lawyer during case, influenced by defendant's website. In this digital world, where everybody is pretty much only a degree or two of seperation away, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. I suppose it will, actually.
Twitter, Flickr, others blocked by China's Great Firewall. As much as I bitch about lots of elements of the government here in the US and the way they cowtow to corporate interests, there's still a lot more freedom here than in other places.
Windows 7 release date: October 22nd. Cool, a firm release date. So I imagine I'll be making the switch around then.
HDTV, Blu-ray ownership keeps rising. Now it's time for my familiar chant: the prices on both still need to drop.
If you rob a bank, perhaps you shouldn't brag about it on MySpace. I was drinking from a can of Diet Coke when I read that, and I just barely managed to stop myself from decorating my monitor and keyboard with soda. Dumb criminal stories are always an amusing read.
Entertainment
Hollywood's dirty little secret - CRANK and THE DARK KNIGHT are video game movies. CRANK definitely felt like what a GRAND THEFT AUTO movie would/could be. DARK KNIGHT? Didn't really feel all that video game inspired to me.
More proof that Bill Murray is really cool. He headbutted McG. Apparently he didn't do it hard enough, because that dude with the douchey name is still directing movies. Badly.
BURN NOTICE staying in Miami. It's funny that it's the only show set in Miami that actually shoots there. CSI: MIAMI shoots some exteriors in Miami, but the rest is done in Cali. (Fun fact: My cousin moved from working on 24 to CSI: MIAMI. Once again, he usually plays a uniformed cop.)
BETTER OFF TED coming back to prime time: geek victory! Not new news, but worth repeating. With nearly nothing else on during the summer* this is a relief to fans of the show (like me). It's also a great excuse for those of you who didn't check it out when it was running during the regular TV season.
* I'm also happy to get new BURN NOTICE and LEVERAGE episodes soon.
New DOCTOR WHO titles will look old school, big-headed. Again, another huge improvement. I loved the pre-80s theme and the older opening credits sequences. I really hope it returns to the cooler sensibilities of the old show while keeping the modern production values.
Non E-3 Video Game Stories
68% of households play videogames. Take that anti-game jerks, we're (gamers) the majority!
U.S. Kids' lack of interest in game programming is a security threat, says USAF General. Y'know I get Americans not wanting jobs like picking crops, or any other unpleasant tasks that we've become so spoiled that we all think we're too good for here in America. Really, I get it. But programming? Getting paid decent money to sit at a computer making neat stuff? I guess people's only aspirations in this country now are to get on reality TV. Sad, really. Still, I don't see this so much as a security threat and more of another sign that IDIOCRACY was some sort of historical document from the future that accidentally got transported back in time for us to watch.
Judge 'friends' lawyer during case, influenced by defendant's website. In this digital world, where everybody is pretty much only a degree or two of seperation away, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. I suppose it will, actually.
Twitter, Flickr, others blocked by China's Great Firewall. As much as I bitch about lots of elements of the government here in the US and the way they cowtow to corporate interests, there's still a lot more freedom here than in other places.
Windows 7 release date: October 22nd. Cool, a firm release date. So I imagine I'll be making the switch around then.
HDTV, Blu-ray ownership keeps rising. Now it's time for my familiar chant: the prices on both still need to drop.
If you rob a bank, perhaps you shouldn't brag about it on MySpace. I was drinking from a can of Diet Coke when I read that, and I just barely managed to stop myself from decorating my monitor and keyboard with soda. Dumb criminal stories are always an amusing read.
Entertainment
Hollywood's dirty little secret - CRANK and THE DARK KNIGHT are video game movies. CRANK definitely felt like what a GRAND THEFT AUTO movie would/could be. DARK KNIGHT? Didn't really feel all that video game inspired to me.
More proof that Bill Murray is really cool. He headbutted McG. Apparently he didn't do it hard enough, because that dude with the douchey name is still directing movies. Badly.
BURN NOTICE staying in Miami. It's funny that it's the only show set in Miami that actually shoots there. CSI: MIAMI shoots some exteriors in Miami, but the rest is done in Cali. (Fun fact: My cousin moved from working on 24 to CSI: MIAMI. Once again, he usually plays a uniformed cop.)
BETTER OFF TED coming back to prime time: geek victory! Not new news, but worth repeating. With nearly nothing else on during the summer* this is a relief to fans of the show (like me). It's also a great excuse for those of you who didn't check it out when it was running during the regular TV season.
* I'm also happy to get new BURN NOTICE and LEVERAGE episodes soon.
New DOCTOR WHO titles will look old school, big-headed. Again, another huge improvement. I loved the pre-80s theme and the older opening credits sequences. I really hope it returns to the cooler sensibilities of the old show while keeping the modern production values.
Non E-3 Video Game Stories
68% of households play videogames. Take that anti-game jerks, we're (gamers) the majority!
U.S. Kids' lack of interest in game programming is a security threat, says USAF General. Y'know I get Americans not wanting jobs like picking crops, or any other unpleasant tasks that we've become so spoiled that we all think we're too good for here in America. Really, I get it. But programming? Getting paid decent money to sit at a computer making neat stuff? I guess people's only aspirations in this country now are to get on reality TV. Sad, really. Still, I don't see this so much as a security threat and more of another sign that IDIOCRACY was some sort of historical document from the future that accidentally got transported back in time for us to watch.
0 comments:
Post a Comment