MOVING WALLPAPER: I caught up on all six episodes of this one in one sitting on Monday afternoon. I had never watched the first series of this show, but the second sounded interesting to me. The show is about a group of writers working on a TV show. I guess the first series had the fictional writers writing a fictional show within the show, but they also made an actual show of the fictional show and aired the two back to back. That's according to a summary I read. The second series picks up with the writers' show being cancelled (both on the show and in real life) and they start working on a new show about zombies. So a sitcom about writers writing a show about zombies, yeah, that's something I'd watch. Most of the cast are from other British comedies I've enjoyed. They even cast some familiar faces for the fake zombie show in Kelly Brook and Alan Dale (who is everywhere, just look at his IMDB resume or pop on any channel on your TV and you're bound to see him). Overall, I thought this show was pretty amusing. My one gripe would be that they didn't make the fictional zombie show for real. I think it would've been fun. After all, watching Alan Dale roast zombies with a flamethrower sounds like good viewing to me. Maybe they should give him a flamethrower on LOST.

CHUCK: One of the strongest episodes of the season. Tons of changes, and seeming resolution to some storylines. If anything, minus the very last scene of the episode, this could've served as the show's finale. Instead, we get the season finale next week, and then we won't know for another few weeks whether the show is renewed or not. With all of the changes that happened in this episode, and the upcoming surprises from the finale, it'll be interesting to see how things will be different if there is a season three. (Please please please!!!)
HEROES: I'm sure that I'll wind up changing my mind in the fall, but watching this episode I think that I decided that I'm done with HEROES after this season's finale. I keep waiting for this show to pull a LOST and turn itself around. I just don't see that happening.
24: The last few minutes of last week's episode eroded a lot of my goodwill towards 24. The whole thing just felt like a cheap stunt, something to provide shock value and pad out the few remaining hours. The majority of this episode was built around the tension of last week's reveal of one of the new bad guys behind the bad guys. This week, we get more people involved in some sort of conspiracy that were the real power behind the people who were behind the other people who were behind the bad stuff that happened all day long. Been there, seen that. The only thing I did find myself wondering about during this episode was how long it would take Jack to suss out what really happened to Agent Friendzone, and that Tony is one of the bad guys. Answer: just in time for this week's cliffhanger. Yawn.
CASTLE: I read that it's highly likely this show is getting a second season. That's pretty good news, since I like Nathan Fillion and it's nice for him to have a show that not only will last for it's entire first season, but get renewed. Anyway, this week's episode about home invaders who target the rich, was pretty good.
HEROES: I'm sure that I'll wind up changing my mind in the fall, but watching this episode I think that I decided that I'm done with HEROES after this season's finale. I keep waiting for this show to pull a LOST and turn itself around. I just don't see that happening.
24: The last few minutes of last week's episode eroded a lot of my goodwill towards 24. The whole thing just felt like a cheap stunt, something to provide shock value and pad out the few remaining hours. The majority of this episode was built around the tension of last week's reveal of one of the new bad guys behind the bad guys. This week, we get more people involved in some sort of conspiracy that were the real power behind the people who were behind the other people who were behind the bad stuff that happened all day long. Been there, seen that. The only thing I did find myself wondering about during this episode was how long it would take Jack to suss out what really happened to Agent Friendzone, and that Tony is one of the bad guys. Answer: just in time for this week's cliffhanger. Yawn.
CASTLE: I read that it's highly likely this show is getting a second season. That's pretty good news, since I like Nathan Fillion and it's nice for him to have a show that not only will last for it's entire first season, but get renewed. Anyway, this week's episode about home invaders who target the rich, was pretty good.
2 comments:
You know I JUST discovered The Mighty Boosh on Adult Swim. I don't remember if you had mentioned it before, but it has Noel Fielding (Richmond) from IT Crowd. I just saw one episode today, and it was ok. It even had a guest appearance of Richard Ayoade (Moss). Anyway, just thought I would mention it.
I have the DVD of the first series of BOOSH, but I never got past the first few episodes. My brother and I tried to watch it (maybe two years ago) and we just couldn't get into it at the time. I pretty much forgot about it.
Post a Comment