This is my second attempt at today's link post. I had the previous version all written, and then for whatever reason didn't save my work. I also unstarred all of the items in Google Reader, so I had to work with what was stored in my clipboard's history. So here's about half of what I had planned to share earlier.
Advice: Don't have group sex in the Taco Bell bathroom, kids might walk in. Sex in a public restroom sounds unsanitary and unpleasant enough. But to have sex in a fast food franchise bathroom? Especially when it's the home of rocket shits inducing cuisine, Taco Bell? My god.
13-year-old boy accused of robbing bank. That sounds like a cooler after-school job than bagging groceries, doesn't it?
Is it okay to Twitter during a movie? Human Giant comedians challenge the system. When done as a special event it's probably okay. Stupid and inadvisable, but probably okay. When it's not okay is pretty much any other time. Of course, it'll catch on and idiots will be doing it all the time. Other people (read: assholes) in movie theaters are why people who actually want to see movies, like me, usually avoid movie theaters these days and wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray or just download the movie. Quicker theater to home video releases would be great. Day and date releases for both would be even better. In the meantime, on those occasions where I do find myself going to the theater, I just have to hope that if there's obnoxious idiots in the theater there might be another version of that guy who shot the talker in the movie theater a few months back. I'm just kidding there. Mostly.
ACTA authors want content owners to set damage awards. I guess those thousands of dollars per song they were suing for just wasn't high enough. I wonder how long until the entertainment industries outright become their own branch of the government? They'll have their own private army and build their own prisons. I give it about a decade or so, maximum.
Advice: Don't have group sex in the Taco Bell bathroom, kids might walk in. Sex in a public restroom sounds unsanitary and unpleasant enough. But to have sex in a fast food franchise bathroom? Especially when it's the home of rocket shits inducing cuisine, Taco Bell? My god.
13-year-old boy accused of robbing bank. That sounds like a cooler after-school job than bagging groceries, doesn't it?
Is it okay to Twitter during a movie? Human Giant comedians challenge the system. When done as a special event it's probably okay. Stupid and inadvisable, but probably okay. When it's not okay is pretty much any other time. Of course, it'll catch on and idiots will be doing it all the time. Other people (read: assholes) in movie theaters are why people who actually want to see movies, like me, usually avoid movie theaters these days and wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray or just download the movie. Quicker theater to home video releases would be great. Day and date releases for both would be even better. In the meantime, on those occasions where I do find myself going to the theater, I just have to hope that if there's obnoxious idiots in the theater there might be another version of that guy who shot the talker in the movie theater a few months back. I'm just kidding there. Mostly.
ACTA authors want content owners to set damage awards. I guess those thousands of dollars per song they were suing for just wasn't high enough. I wonder how long until the entertainment industries outright become their own branch of the government? They'll have their own private army and build their own prisons. I give it about a decade or so, maximum.
2 comments:
Sex in a Taco Bell bathroom? "Think outside the bun" has a new meaning for me.
That was damn good.
Post a Comment