Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Links For 3-10-2009

The Consumerist asks, Why is the AIG bailout money being given to banks?

Google's DMCA takedowns leaving Blogger users high and dry. It seems to be MP3 blogs getting the boot, even ones that are posting music that they have the legal rights or permission to use.

City Hall billed $40,000 for downloading LOST episodes. I hope they don't get sued for "illegal" downloading on top of those insane charges.

Finally, an odd and amusing link, ‘That’s right, thumbsucker. I see you.’: PEANUTS in the style of SIN CITY. So odd.

Entertainment

What do they know about creativity? I guess it's not just "regular people" that hate the MPAA. Apparently, entertainment journalists and other people in Hollywood see them for what they are as well.

I guess there's quite a bit of full frontal dudity in THE WATCHMEN. Of course, that was going to cause some controversy. Dr. Manhattan's penis offends conservative critics. Some people, specific people will complain and protest anything. They spend all of the their time looking for things to offend them.

Bryce Dallas Howard wants to star in an adaptation of the Luna Brother’s THE SWORD

FANTASTIC FOUR is getting the boot...a reboot that is. The only two things they should keep are Chicklis and Evans. They were perfectly cast as the Thing and Human Torch. The rest, particularly the metrosexual Doctor Doom, can easily be replaced with something closer to the comic characters. Jessica Alba is also no great loss, since she has the acting chops of a stapler. (I just picked out the first object I could see there.) Elizabeth Banks or Rachel McAdams would've been far better choices for the role. They both can act, and frankly Alba looked incredibly creepy with the wig and weird contacts in the second movie.

V casts its evil alien leader. It's Morena Baccarin from FIREFLY. In addition to the TV remake, it looks like there might be a separate V movie from its original creator: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA And V coming to the big screen retro style?! Then again, both of those guys have been talking about doing those projects for years and years with zero results so far.

Has CHUCK just blown his gamechanging finale? The ending of the most recent episode and preview for upcoming episodes certainly seem to be pointing in the direction mentioned in this article.

Video Games

Pennsylvania legislators consider violent game tax. There's already a tax on games. It's called sales tax.

Who knew: Publishers don't like being called child killers. Poorly thought out ad campaign gets poor reaction. Imagine that!

Konami hiring new METAL GEAR team members. I wonder where the series can go after METAL GEAR SOLID 4? (Which I just beat again the other day.) Personally, I think ending Solid Snake's story (as well as aging him) was a bit of a mistake.

Sorry, your Xbox 360 isn't the right kind of broken. Any red rings besides the red rings of death apparently aren't worth Microsoft's time to fix. So Destructioid offers up some simple and sensible advice (aside from doing a "retail swap")... Tip: Tell Xbox support you see 3 red lights, even if you don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment