Amusing (To Me, At Least)
Couple who led fight to legalize gay marriages in Mass. files for divorce. That's a bit ironic. Well, equal rights for marriage should mean equal rights for divorce too. See? Gay people can make the same poor life decisions that straight people can.
What can you get the mom who has everything? Only at Walmart would you see this sort of thing.
Entertainment
The CW resurrects REAPER a few weeks early. Most of the online speculation is that they're dumping it in a death slot by putting it up against AMERICAN IDOL (gag). I guess the 90210 remake was in REAPER's new timeslot and the network wants to protect that show so they can re-make that show's wretched spin-off, MELROSE PLACE. I like REAPER, but it's definitely low on my TV watching priority list.
Producer responds to Christian Balegate. I'm already sick of hearing about this. Maybe Bale over-reacted. Then again, maybe the person he's screaming at is a moron. It sure sounded like this wasn't the first incident. While this will be forgotten in a few weeks, (remember Alec Baldwin's phone call to his daughter?) the novelty of this thing and the inevitable parodies will have worn thin by Thursday.
Couple who led fight to legalize gay marriages in Mass. files for divorce. That's a bit ironic. Well, equal rights for marriage should mean equal rights for divorce too. See? Gay people can make the same poor life decisions that straight people can.
What can you get the mom who has everything? Only at Walmart would you see this sort of thing.
Entertainment
The CW resurrects REAPER a few weeks early. Most of the online speculation is that they're dumping it in a death slot by putting it up against AMERICAN IDOL (gag). I guess the 90210 remake was in REAPER's new timeslot and the network wants to protect that show so they can re-make that show's wretched spin-off, MELROSE PLACE. I like REAPER, but it's definitely low on my TV watching priority list.
Producer responds to Christian Balegate. I'm already sick of hearing about this. Maybe Bale over-reacted. Then again, maybe the person he's screaming at is a moron. It sure sounded like this wasn't the first incident. While this will be forgotten in a few weeks, (remember Alec Baldwin's phone call to his daughter?) the novelty of this thing and the inevitable parodies will have worn thin by Thursday.

Fan Rant: For the love of the game -- leave SLAP SHOT alone! My brother was a hockey fanatic, and one of his favorite movies was SLAP SHOT. So the news that they're doing a remake would've annoyed him. He refused to like the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake, and that was actually good.)
Fox's DOLLHOUSE, TERMINATOR grindhouse trailer. Kinda cool. I think trailers were a lot better in the grindhouse era than they are now. (I also vastly prefer painted movie posters to the lame Photoshop jobs they pass off as posters these days. The old posters were sweet looking art. Most movie posters now are just some shitty promo picture.) Anyway, the whole grindhouse thing seems to be a bit of a bandwagon, so I'm sure that'll get tired out soon. I plan on watching both shows, since they fill in the time until GALACTICA starts. I wonder if one or both of them will be cancelled before BSG ends?
Recession-busting $150 Blu-ray players coming this year. That should move a few more units. Well, unless, of course, everybody is too poor to even afford $150 by then. Plus, I'd imagine more people would need HDTVs before Blu-Ray can really take off. (Granted, HDTVs are far more affordable now. A nice LCD that would've run you around $1,300 a year or two ago can be had for about $700-800 now.)
Video Games
No GTA IV figures? Make your own! Those are really cool. I wish I could make something like that. Too bad there aren't any sort of commercially available GTA statues or whatever.
Crytek buys Free Radical. Does this mean we get TIMESPLITTERS 4? I hope so.
Let Pac-Man describe your pain. I've never been hospitalized or taken to the emergency room myself, but I know from accompanying various family members, that they ask for your pain on a scale of one to ten. I found myself biting my tongue so I didn't blurt out, "What number is 'painful enough that I went to a hospital'?" That's probably for the best, y'know?
Business: Monkey & Otherwise
Comcast defends itself against FCC's VoIP probe. I like the sophistry in claiming that their VOIP service doesn't use the same connection that others do, so they're not giving themselves an unfair advantage over their competitors within that field.
Porn victims to get ten bucks from Comcast. Comcast really are a public relations person's worst nightmare, aren't they? I suppose my cable bill will go up now because some inept tech accidentally showed a few seconds of some guy's dong during the Super Bowl. Wonderful.
RIAA's new litigation boss is former exec caught 'misstating facts' in court. So much for giving up on suing people. I guess they realize that the '3 strikes' rule they're pushing for probably won't fly. It might in the US, but everywhere else it's bombing spectacularly...
'Three strikes' law shut down in Germany. "I don't think that (Three Strikes) is a fitting model for Germany or even Europe. Preventing someone from accessing the Internet seems like a completely unreasonable punishment to me. It would be highly problematic due to both constitutional and political aspects. I'm sure that once the first disconnects are going to happen in France, we will be hearing the outcry all the way to Berlin."
Google execs facing Italian judges over teen beating video. Absolutely insane. The kids that beat up that kid with Downs Syndrome are horrible people and deserve to be punished. It's insane to go after Google because those lowlifes uploaded a video of their crime to a Google-hosted service. A video that was quickly deleted, for that matter. That's like suing Ford because somebody used one of the cars as getaway vehicle when robbing a bank.
Fox's DOLLHOUSE, TERMINATOR grindhouse trailer. Kinda cool. I think trailers were a lot better in the grindhouse era than they are now. (I also vastly prefer painted movie posters to the lame Photoshop jobs they pass off as posters these days. The old posters were sweet looking art. Most movie posters now are just some shitty promo picture.) Anyway, the whole grindhouse thing seems to be a bit of a bandwagon, so I'm sure that'll get tired out soon. I plan on watching both shows, since they fill in the time until GALACTICA starts. I wonder if one or both of them will be cancelled before BSG ends?
Recession-busting $150 Blu-ray players coming this year. That should move a few more units. Well, unless, of course, everybody is too poor to even afford $150 by then. Plus, I'd imagine more people would need HDTVs before Blu-Ray can really take off. (Granted, HDTVs are far more affordable now. A nice LCD that would've run you around $1,300 a year or two ago can be had for about $700-800 now.)
Video Games
No GTA IV figures? Make your own! Those are really cool. I wish I could make something like that. Too bad there aren't any sort of commercially available GTA statues or whatever.
Crytek buys Free Radical. Does this mean we get TIMESPLITTERS 4? I hope so.
Let Pac-Man describe your pain. I've never been hospitalized or taken to the emergency room myself, but I know from accompanying various family members, that they ask for your pain on a scale of one to ten. I found myself biting my tongue so I didn't blurt out, "What number is 'painful enough that I went to a hospital'?" That's probably for the best, y'know?
Business: Monkey & Otherwise
Comcast defends itself against FCC's VoIP probe. I like the sophistry in claiming that their VOIP service doesn't use the same connection that others do, so they're not giving themselves an unfair advantage over their competitors within that field.
Porn victims to get ten bucks from Comcast. Comcast really are a public relations person's worst nightmare, aren't they? I suppose my cable bill will go up now because some inept tech accidentally showed a few seconds of some guy's dong during the Super Bowl. Wonderful.
RIAA's new litigation boss is former exec caught 'misstating facts' in court. So much for giving up on suing people. I guess they realize that the '3 strikes' rule they're pushing for probably won't fly. It might in the US, but everywhere else it's bombing spectacularly...
'Three strikes' law shut down in Germany. "I don't think that (Three Strikes) is a fitting model for Germany or even Europe. Preventing someone from accessing the Internet seems like a completely unreasonable punishment to me. It would be highly problematic due to both constitutional and political aspects. I'm sure that once the first disconnects are going to happen in France, we will be hearing the outcry all the way to Berlin."
Google execs facing Italian judges over teen beating video. Absolutely insane. The kids that beat up that kid with Downs Syndrome are horrible people and deserve to be punished. It's insane to go after Google because those lowlifes uploaded a video of their crime to a Google-hosted service. A video that was quickly deleted, for that matter. That's like suing Ford because somebody used one of the cars as getaway vehicle when robbing a bank.
0 comments:
Post a Comment