Monday, January 19, 2009

Links For 1-19-2008

WATCHMEN settlement official. This should shut everybody online up with all the whining.

Teen charged with assaulting mom with taco. That'll teach mom to unplug the Xbox, right kid? (Seriously though, one look at the picture without reading the story is enough to recognize that this kid is a douchebag.)

This Burger King sign is both disappointing and anti-social...


That goes a long way towards explaining why these fast food joints usually screw up my order in some way or other. (Plain. Plain is simple. It's less work. Plaaaaaain!!!)

MADD Canada objects to game designed to discourage drunk driving. Let's be honest, MADD, as an organization, despite having a reasonably just cause (people shouldn't drive drunk) are pains in the ass and full of shit. What they really want is the return of prohibition. They skew statistics (example: they count sober drivers with drunk passengers that get in accidents as "alcohol related accidents") and complain about anything and everything alcohol related. This is hardly the first video game with some sort of alcohol-related content they've gotten their feathers ruffled over. There was GTA IV and before that a few other unmemorable shovelware titles.

Rockstar: Sorry, no GRAND THEFT AUTO V in 2009. My hopes are dashed. (Well, I suppose I can hope for SAINTS ROW 3 this year, although I doubt that'll happen.)

Free Radical's STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT III is dead. Which is shame because they had some cool ideas. For instance, here's STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT III's sith Kenobi. That looks badass.

Valve: Pirates are underserved customers. I love Valve. They make awesome games, and are always trying ways to make things better. (I mean, they pioneered legitimately downloading games as an alternative to pirating them.)

No FINAL FANTASY XIII in 2009 outside of Japan. I hate staggered release dates. I haven't followed the development of FINAL FANTASY XIII and the only way I'll bother trying it is if has a battle system close to XII's. No more random encounters for me. I got sick of RPGs where you walk two or three steps and hit some invisible enemy and start fighting. XII was a huge improvement over the other FF games and most JRPGs in general.

3 comments:

Equis said...

So right, complete douche bag! He has jackass written allover that smirk. Makes you want to smack the taco taste out his mouth.

Mike said...

Like another commenter on another site said, "I hope he likes tossed salad because he'll be getting a lot of that in prison."

Equis said...

LMAO!! Make it tossed taco salad.

Post a Comment