Friday, January 16, 2009

Links For 1-16-2009

Technology & Business

Amazon loses challenge on NY state sales tax. I hope this doesn't carry over to other states.

Google closes many services. So long Google Video, Google Notebook, Google Catelogs, Dodgeball, and Jaiku. The only one I'll miss will be Notebook, which I used sporadically to keep notes for usage between multiple computers. (Even then, the newest note in my Notebook is from April of last year.) Google Video became nothing more than a video search engine, and I've never used the others.

Internet threat to minors overblown, study suggests. "The report suggests that the biggest threats to children's safety online come from other children."

Entertainment

Don't touch the DVR: commercials help us enjoy the show more. Yeah, by giving me the chance to go to the bathroom and get snacks without having to hit pause.

Confirmed: Keanu Reeves playing Spike Spiegel in Fox's COWBOY BEBOP. This doesn't need a live action remake, and this casting choice already shows poor decision making.

TNT's LEVERAGE is the latest stretch-o-vision victim. Stetch-o-vision is painful to watch.

Video Games

(All of today's video game story links came from Kotaku.)

RESIDENT EVIL 5 demo premiers on 360 January 26th. I imagine it's the same demo as the Japanese demo from about a month or so ago.

Kojima "addicted" to LEFT 4 DEAD, considers renouncing his japanese status. I guess this is one of those western games that has him and other Japanese developers a bit worried about their future.

Sony: PS3 still for "early adopters". I think being the highest priced console helped to really contribute to the PS3's lack of marketshare. (It's still pretty much the best Blu-Ray player out there though.)

Rumor: Next GRAND THEFT AUTO could hit by the holidays. Please let it be a Vice City game, please let it be a Vice City game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment