Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Links For 1-14-2008

"Kicking it" classic style today. Which means, I'm not taking the time to try and split up the links into categories. I'm too busy pondering if "kicking it" is outdated slang that only uncool old white guys (i.e. me) still use on occasion.

HALO 3 parent killer's judge not quite as smart as we thought. Unbelievable.

Cable modems to hit 300Mbps with 8-channel bonding. Which means Comcast customers could burn through their entire 250 gig a month bandwidth cap in under two hours! Of course, with their new network management technique that won't happen. (I've read multiple accounts of people running their modem at max for about fifteen minutes and then getting dropped to dialup speeds. So much for dropping high-bandwidth users at "peak times" to the equivalent of "a good DSL experience", huh?

Father & son cut in line at Walmart, go to jail. Every once in awhile somebody dispenses some justice to the sorts of douchebags who do those little things that make life a misery for other people.

QUANTUM OF SOLACE announced for Blu-ray (and DVD). March 24th. I'd imagine the next six Bond Blu-Rays will be coming out that same day. I better start saving my pennies, or selling my blood and a few organs.

Important note for my fellow nerds: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA premiere will run 3 1/2 minutes long. This will effect those of you who have a life and are actually not at home on a Friday night at 10PM. Those of us sitting at home on the couch in sweatpants scarfing down our body weight in fast food won't have to worry about these sorts of things.

24 torture debate to continue all season. Bah! I want to see Jack Bauer kicking ass without a bunch of hand-wringing. Spare us. I thought they had Jack pretty much settle the debate (for that fictional universe at least) in the first episode of the season when he pointed out that the people he's dealing with don't care about "the rules".

Goodbye PRISON BREAK. My first reaction was, "one less show to watch". I expected this season to be the last anyway. I suppose the show has pretty much run its course. When the show returns April 17th, it's getting dumped into the Friday night death slot.

DEAD OR ALIVE actress so against piracy, bought pirated goods. Amusing, but realistically, where they were filming pirated DVDs were probably the only kind for sale.

2 comments:

Equis said...

Thanks for the BSG tip. I'm recording that one on my DVR in the front room (only HDTV in the casa) and unfortunately it can't think for itself.

Mike said...

I generally add a minute or two to the end of recording times (and sometimes to the beginning) to avoid missed footage.

Although sometimes that's hard to do on nights where recording shows that air back to back on different channels.

Post a Comment