Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Well, so far 2009 has been very quiet for me. So quiet, in fact, that I can't think of anything to write about.

I was hoping this would be the year we made the switch to using "twenty" instead of "two thousand", but I guess popular consensus says that's not the case. I wonder when we'll switch. It's one of the useless things that I find myself thinking about.

"Twenty oh nine." Try it on for size. It's shorter than "two thousand nine".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you just did that because that's how Shatner says it on his videoblogs

admit it, it's ok. I do it too

Mike said...

I honestly didn't. I've only seen about two of his video blogs. The ones where he calls George Takei bitter and takes a swipe at the fact that he's not in the prequel movie.

Learning that the Shat uses "twenty oh" is just another reason to love the one and only real Captain Kirk in my opinion though.

Unknown said...

bah.. i say we go back to roman numerals... actually it's almost a word anyway..

2009 = MMIX (i believe, who knows i'm not awake again)

or there's the nra version..
two double ought nine.

---
word verification is annoying.

Mike said...

No no no. The Roman numeral thing is too complex for the average person. We live in a society where they have to put warnings on items where the consequences of using them improperly are usually incredibly obvious. (I.E. Warnings about coffee being hot.) Do you really think the average moron out there could handle Roman numerals?

Word verification is less annoying than spam comments.

Post a Comment