I started my Christmas shopping already. I got a few things through Amazon on Sunday, and hopefully I can do all of my shopping online. I've found over the last few years that online is definitely preferable to going to stores. Pointing and clicking beats crowded stores filled with idiots.
I'm about two years behind the rest of the planet, as I have finally played and beaten the first GEARS OF WAR on Saturday. It was a decent game. I don't know if it lived up to the hype, but it definitely didn't suck. If I have one gripe, it would be that the storyline is paper thin. There's just not much to it.
Next on my 360 hit list is DEAD RISING, which I tried briefly when it came out, but I never got too into it. I'm tempted to switch the 360 back to my brother's profile when I play it, since he unlocked a bunch of stuff in the game. (I just can't bring myself to delete his profile and saved games from his consoles. I know it's sort of stupid not to since it's not like he needs them anymore.) The save system in the game is frustrating. I played for roughly two hours and died, and since I wasn't aware that the game didn't have checkpoints, I wound up having to restart from the beginning. I got annoyed and gave up for a few hours. In the evening, since there was nothing on TV, I played quite a bit. I played until the battery in the controller died. So now I've got that recharging while I write this. (I thought we had two rechargable packs for the 360 controller, but it turns out the other controller just has the regular pack that requires two AA batteries.)
I'm about two years behind the rest of the planet, as I have finally played and beaten the first GEARS OF WAR on Saturday. It was a decent game. I don't know if it lived up to the hype, but it definitely didn't suck. If I have one gripe, it would be that the storyline is paper thin. There's just not much to it.
Next on my 360 hit list is DEAD RISING, which I tried briefly when it came out, but I never got too into it. I'm tempted to switch the 360 back to my brother's profile when I play it, since he unlocked a bunch of stuff in the game. (I just can't bring myself to delete his profile and saved games from his consoles. I know it's sort of stupid not to since it's not like he needs them anymore.) The save system in the game is frustrating. I played for roughly two hours and died, and since I wasn't aware that the game didn't have checkpoints, I wound up having to restart from the beginning. I got annoyed and gave up for a few hours. In the evening, since there was nothing on TV, I played quite a bit. I played until the battery in the controller died. So now I've got that recharging while I write this. (I thought we had two rechargable packs for the 360 controller, but it turns out the other controller just has the regular pack that requires two AA batteries.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment