Friday night I just hung out at home. I wound up popping in WRATH OF KHAN on DVD. A tiny bit of a mistake given how emotional I've been over the last month and half (for obvious reasons) and how I've always gotten choked up by the end of the movie ever since the first time I saw it in 1982. It's the only TREK movie I have on DVD (twice, both the theatrical version and the director's cut), and I felt like seeing the *real* Enterprise crew given all the hype the remake/prequel has been getting. Also, I watched it because there wasn't much else on.
After that I watched two episodes of NCIS on OnDemand. I've recently accidentally started watching reruns of that show on USA. I haven't bothered to learn the characters names. I just call them Mr Shoop and the others by whatever their defining characteristic is. (Ala "the smart ass", "the goofy goth chick", "the nerdy one" etc.)
Saturday, I spent my lunchtime re-watching more of CHUCK season one on Blu-Ray.
I spent the late afternoon until around 11 over at my friend Chris'. I got to (finally) see his new baby daughter. We just hung out shooting the breeze and playing Wii. (Up until Saturday I had never tried out the Wii.) Even though I've become a total hermit, it's still nice to hang with friends.
Once I got home I saw that my copy of LEFT 4 DEAD was waiting for me. So I installed that, which actually seemed to take a long time. While it installed, I watched a bit of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY (2005) on Blu-Ray. It's a good looking DVD, but it looks even better in HD. I don't know anybody else who likes that movie, besides my brother (it was his Blu-Ray), but I like it. (I also like the old '80s BBC miniseries.)
Sunday I didn't do much. Obviously, I played LEFT 4 DEAD and watched 24: REDEMPTION. But you probably figured that out from my two previous posts, huh?
After that I watched two episodes of NCIS on OnDemand. I've recently accidentally started watching reruns of that show on USA. I haven't bothered to learn the characters names. I just call them Mr Shoop and the others by whatever their defining characteristic is. (Ala "the smart ass", "the goofy goth chick", "the nerdy one" etc.)
Saturday, I spent my lunchtime re-watching more of CHUCK season one on Blu-Ray.
I spent the late afternoon until around 11 over at my friend Chris'. I got to (finally) see his new baby daughter. We just hung out shooting the breeze and playing Wii. (Up until Saturday I had never tried out the Wii.) Even though I've become a total hermit, it's still nice to hang with friends.
Once I got home I saw that my copy of LEFT 4 DEAD was waiting for me. So I installed that, which actually seemed to take a long time. While it installed, I watched a bit of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY (2005) on Blu-Ray. It's a good looking DVD, but it looks even better in HD. I don't know anybody else who likes that movie, besides my brother (it was his Blu-Ray), but I like it. (I also like the old '80s BBC miniseries.)
Sunday I didn't do much. Obviously, I played LEFT 4 DEAD and watched 24: REDEMPTION. But you probably figured that out from my two previous posts, huh?
2 comments:
random comments:
up to this point, Wrath of Kahn is the only watchable Trek movie.
Wii is life, wii is love (okay, scratch that, but there's really no time to play zombie/apocalyptic/shooting hookers games with a 3 year old running around, but sitting with the boy holding steering wheels and rocking some mario kart is glorious)
you're not the only person who loves the hitchhiker movie.
I love the Hitchhiker movie too...
Post a Comment