Since there wasn't a new season of 24 in January of 2008 because of the writer's strike, Fox decided to crank out a prequel movie to the upcoming season. Unlike previous 24 season prequels, this wasn't a thinly-disguised ten minute car commercial. It was essentially two episodes of the show, right down to taking place in real time.

While most of the movie feels like somebody dropped Jack Bauer in the middle of the movie BLOOD DIAMOND, there were a few scenes set in Washington DC. Those scenes mostly seem to be to setup the new status quo, since that's where the majority of season seven will be taking place. I figured out the fate of the young guy at the finance company and that John Voight's character (who's supposed to be the bad guy this time out) was going to have people inside the secret service.
Honestly, while it was nice to get some new 24, the movie felt a bit like filler and I just found myself wishing the new season would start already. that having been said, I'll probably get the DVD since I've got the other six seasons of the show on DVD. I guess that's the completist in me.
Pick up 24 REDEMPTION on DVD from Amazon.
Honestly, while it was nice to get some new 24, the movie felt a bit like filler and I just found myself wishing the new season would start already. that having been said, I'll probably get the DVD since I've got the other six seasons of the show on DVD. I guess that's the completist in me.
Pick up 24 REDEMPTION on DVD from Amazon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment