Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Links For 9-10-2008

Comcast pays $150K to put end to Florida bandwidth cap probe

I had no idea that there's a CLOCK TOWER movie in development. I remember beating the first game on the Playstation and unlocking each ending. I think I might've played (and even beat) some of the sequels. (I never did beat the older SNES game though.)

GTA blamed for sex criminal's attacks. Yeah, this one warranted a huge roll of the eyes.

Slipknot frontman says labels cause piracy. He blames it on the crappy music, and I have to agree that's a huge factor. I'm not a Slipknot fan, but I do really like Taylor's other band, Stone Sour.

BitTorrent tracker admin jailed for 18 months and You can share files, not jail time: P2P admin gets 18 months. Non-virtual "criminals" get lighter sentences than that.

Blogger's arrest resulted in much more downloading of GNR music. Publicize a leak of an album by arresting the person who leaked it, and it makes more people want to look for the leak. So trying to make an example out of somebody usually backfires.

Google cuts how long it stores users' personal data. I guess that's good news if you're worried about them knowing what you're searching for.

HMV: Games will be bigger than music. Especially since that's the only way that some people will *buy* music, if it's part of a game like ROCK BAND.

NBC Universal admits defeat; returns to iTunes. Well, who didn't see this coming from the second they tried to play hardball with Apple?

Why drunks forget the embarrassing things they do. There sure are a lot of useless scientific studies going on out there, huh?

Frank Miller Gives Batgirl Too Dirty A Mouth For DC Comics. I expect that most retailers won't destroy these issues and they'll be collector's items.

Survey Says: Sixty buck game pricing turns some buyers off. Well, that's hardly shocking.

Fox mulls another DAREDEVIL, more X-MEN. Really? After how bad that first DAREDEVIL (and it's spinoff, ELEKTRA) and last X-MEN movie were, really?

0 comments:

Post a Comment