It's that time of the week where I look at what's coming out on DVD (and Blu-Ray) and talk about the ones that are of interest to me. It's also the part of the week where I shamelessly plug those same DVDs via my Amazon Associates links. After all, if you buy these things then I can afford to buy some of them too.
This week there's only one DVD on my "to get" list...
CHUCK - The Complete First Season. CHUCK was a nice surprise in the last (brief) fall season. I didn't think I would like this show, but I did. The basic premise is that Chuck works as a computer technician at Buy More (essentially a fictionalized version of the Geek Squad from Best Buy). Chuck receives an email from his old college roommate that somehow transfers a top secret database into his head. He's then drafted by the government to work as a spy and is overseen by two agents, one played by a hot blond and the other by the guy who played Jayne on FIREFLY. Whacky adventures ensure while Chuck keeps his day job and secret from his family and friends. It could've been a terrible show, but I really like it.
This week there's only one DVD on my "to get" list...
CHUCK - The Complete First Season. CHUCK was a nice surprise in the last (brief) fall season. I didn't think I would like this show, but I did. The basic premise is that Chuck works as a computer technician at Buy More (essentially a fictionalized version of the Geek Squad from Best Buy). Chuck receives an email from his old college roommate that somehow transfers a top secret database into his head. He's then drafted by the government to work as a spy and is overseen by two agents, one played by a hot blond and the other by the guy who played Jayne on FIREFLY. Whacky adventures ensure while Chuck keeps his day job and secret from his family and friends. It could've been a terrible show, but I really like it.

For those of you with Blu-Ray, one of the better movies from last year is hitting that format (a few months after the DVD). THE MIST is now available on Blu-Ray.
Want to get your Amazon orders faster? Sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I've had it for years and I love it. I also get a small commision if you do that.
Want to get your Amazon orders faster? Sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I've had it for years and I love it. I also get a small commision if you do that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment