Monday, July 7, 2008

Links For 7-7-2008

Even though I read it every week, I rarely link to anything in CBR's "Lying In The Gutters" column. However, this week Rich gives a review/preview of NO HEROICS. Plus, he's floating the rumor (please let it be true!) that Tom Baker will be turning up during the 2010 series/season of DOCTOR WHO. I haven't read that anywhere else though, even though I've got like ten DOCTOR WHO spoiler blogs in my RSS feeds.

Connecticut Attorney General: ESRB Under the Influence Regarding Alcohol Use in Games. Oh great, now they're going to start to try and say that video games are responsible for underage drinking. Nevermind the constant barrage of beer commercials on TV, or the fact that kids have been sneaking booze since its invention. Connecticut, or at least the idiots they elect into office, really seem bent out of shape over games lately. Honestly, this is what the attorney general of a state is worried about?

Meanwhile, in the next state over: Massachusetts ponders cutting game devs a break. I suppose the governor realizes that game companies make lots of money and since he's been thwarted on getting casinos in the state (so far), it's the next best revenue stream.

UK man billed $62,500 for downloading TV show while on vacation. That's just for the bandwidth. Now, given the insanity of the media corporations and with his luck, he'll get hit with a lawsuit for hundreds of thousands for publicly admitting he downloaded a TV show!

Analyst says TV industry facing dark days ahead. Well, between more and more people turning to the internet to download content (both legally and illegally) and the loss of DVD revenue due to a poor economy, that all makes sense. Of course, they'll ignore the legal downloading and poor economy and blame it all on people downloading things.

Court order on YouTube user data fans privacy fears.

Would you have sex with a robot? If it looked like Wall-E, no. If they could build what is essentially an exact replica of my ideal woman, minus the traits that make other human beings so irritating, and throw in an "off" switch. Absolutely.

Edit: Edited to fix "NO HEROES" in the place of "NO HEROICS". An easy enough brainfart to make.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

i was mildly disapointed when i clicked the CBR link. i thought you were talking about Ellis' new series No Heroes. it looks really good, and the preview issue i enjoyed a lot.

Mike said...

Fixed.

Yeah, I read that preview issue and enjoyed it too.

The titles of that comic and the unrelated TV show are so similar to me and I'm senile so I can't keep anything straight.

Post a Comment