Sunday, July 6, 2008

Links For 7-6-2008

In Japan, a 900 gigabyte upload cap, downloads uncapped. Remember this anytime you read about how internet providers need low bandwidth caps. Burn this into your memory.

Opinion: Ever feel like cell carriers and ISPs don't like you? Absolutely. I think these companies regard customers as a necessary evil that they want to squeeze as much as possible out of while providing as little as possible in return. I wonder how people who don't mind things like bandwidth caps would feel if the electric company told them they could only use x amount of electricity a month? Or if the same cable company that tells them they used up too much internet started telling them they watched too many hours of TV?

Horror Movies: Why Big Studio Releases Are Rare to Scare. Stephen King, who knows a bit about writing horror, looks at why big studio horror movies aren't scary.

The HEROES you'll never see. I keep telling myself that if this season is as bad as the second season was, then I'm done with HEROES.

FRIENDS movie just a horrible, horrible rumor. for now. I'm so relieved!

0 comments:

Post a Comment