Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kicking Off March

I'm so lazy with my posting these days. I used to update multiple times a day. Now it's a minor miracle if I post multiple times in a month.

I'd like to redo the look of the blog a bit, but I can't get all that motivated to do it.

Games
I’ve been re-playing MODERN WARFARE 2 quite a bit. (This time on the 360.) I breezed through single-player on regular. Now I’m doing the challenge maps. (That sniper level drives me up the wall.) At some point I’ll go through SP again in hard mode to unlock those achievements.

I’ve kinda had an itch to replay FINAL FANTASY XII lately. I suppose it’d give me an excuse to use my PS3, which I don't even have hooked up to the TV at the moment.

Poker
March is off to a rough start. Lost just under a buy-in in the first session of the month. I was up by a nice amount before I got it in vs a player who kept min 3betting me pre and then shoving the flop or turn. I decided to call him with TPGK (top pair being Kings in this case) and he showed AA. Figures. Just goes to show, they're not bluffing as often as you might think and sometimes it's better to just say, "if he's bluffing, good for him" and let them have it. But maybe that's just being too results oriented, I don't know.

I think I might have ADD, since sometimes I have a hell of time paying attention to coaching videos. I take notes, but I find my mind wandering during some of the power-point style videos. I prefer live play videos where the best method of learning is pausing and trying to predict what the coach will do and seeing if your thought process is close to theirs.

Music
I recently dug out and re-ripped all of my Alice In Chains CDs (remember CDs?) to MP3. I ripped the stuff I liked best a few years ago, but 160 bitrate MP3s sort of suck compared to nice VBR files. I skipped all the duplicate tracks in MUSIC BANK since I did all of the albums and EPs already. One of my favorite bands, but I sort of forgot about them (and didn’t warm to their newest album with the replacement singer). Rediscovered them when I stumbled across a downloaded bootleg of the Dirt demos.

TV
I was going to write about (or more accurately, complain about) some TV shows that I watch. Then I realized it's sort of dumb to watch shows that I don't quite enjoy and probably even dumber to then write about them. That's not to say that I won't stick to being dumb enough to watch shows with concepts I like that fall short that I keep hoping will get better (V, NO ORDINARY FAMILY) or that used to be among my favorites that have gone downhill (CHUCK, THE OFFICE). It just means I'm too lazy to write about them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment