Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quicker Than I Expected

PokerStars was finally able to start processing US player cash outs. So I withdrew my entire roll from there. It's really depressing seeing that $0 on the cashier page, something I hoped would never ever happen to my account.


But the good news is once my check arrives and clears my bank, I'll have my bankroll back. My plan after that is to deposit a small amount, like $100-150 into Carbon Poker. Then I'll grind a roll back up, starting at the lowest stakes again. Plus Carbon offers 35% rakeback, which will be nice since Stars only had their VIP program. At some point maybe I'll put some money in on Cake as well, but it looks like now that the big three have pulled out of the US market, Carbon is becoming the top dog.

I'm already playing on Carbon, just playing freerolls. But that's getting me into some bad habits. Like not really paying attention while I'm playing: browsing, watching videos, etc instead of strictly paying attention and not doing anything else while playing. It's also pointless trying to figure out opponents' hand ranges at those things since everybody is playing them terribly. There's zero fold equity and people shove all-in with any two cards, etc. I'm a 6-max cash game player, so playing 10-seat tourneys is a big adjustment for me.

Now I just want to know what's going to happen to the few FPPs I have left on Stars. I don't think there's enough there for a cash bonus, but I could probably get a T-shirt or whatever.

Ahh PokerStars... so long and thanks for all the fish!

Edited to add my final Stars graph (April 1-15, 2011)

2 comments:

Nawtykitty said...

At least you went out on top on PokerStars...

Mike said...

Yeah, I can take solace in that I did make quite a bit of a profit. At the end I was down from my maximum, but I'm still coming out on top.

Now I wish they'd just get me those profits so I can put a portion of them on one of the remaining sites. (I should've done a bank transfer instead of a paper check when cashing out my roll, but I'm stupid.)

Post a Comment