Thursday, March 10, 2011

Random Bits

Firefox 4
Since Firefox 4's release candidate came out, I finally made the leap and installed it on my main machine. I've been running it on my spare machine for months now, so it didn't take me long to get it tricked out the way I like it. (With the aid of some custom Stylish scripts (like making my bookmarks toolbar appear as favicons only. As well as ones made by others including one to auto-hide the new add-on bar and another to put the tabs in the titlebar even when Firefox isn't maximized.)


Anyway, I think 4 is pretty cool. I like the streamlined interface, which does take some getting used to. I'm even starting to use the new tab groups feature a little bit.

Poker
Business as usual. I've really been slacking off on the studying. A lot of times I'll sit down to watch a video and decide to just play another session instead. I really do need to do both.

Games
I went back through MODERN WARFARE 2 again and beat it on Veteran. Now I just need to complete all the various challenge maps. (I particularly hate the timed snowmobile map.)

The announcement of SAINTS ROW 3 means that I'll probably replay SAINTS ROW 2 next. A few weeks back I was trying to replay one and it kind of lost my attention. While I liked the first one, I liked the second one a lot more. I don't know, maybe I'll replay both.

Music

Sort of eerie that in my last post I mentioned how I had recently re-discovered* Alice In Chains and then their original bassist died this week.

* Not that I ever stopped listening to them. I'd throw one or two songs into a mix playlist. It's just been a long time since I had listened to a full album.

TV And Movies
A good chunk of the shows seem to be on a little break, so that's given me time to watch some stuff on OnDemand and on DVD instead. Mostly really old movies. (I don't know if it's because I'm getting old, or just because it seems to be an endless flood of remakes and just crappy movies, but lately I don't seem to have any interest in movies made after the 80's.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment