Saturday, February 12, 2011

My First Royal Flush

I've been playing for awhile now, but I never hit a royal flush. I've hit multiple straight flushes and had quad Aces multiple times. It's great hitting monsters like those, but one hand eluded me. But finally...

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: 40
Hero (BTN): 264.60
SB: 224.60
BB: 80.80
UTG:129.60
MP: 61

CO posts a big blind (1)

Pre Flop: (2.40) Hero is BTN with Q of clubs T of clubs
2 folds, CO raises to 2, Hero calls 2, 1 fold, BB calls 1

Flop: (6.40) A of diamonds A of clubs J of clubs (3 players)
BB checks, CO bets 2, Hero calls 2, BB folds

Turn: (10.40) 3 of clubs (2 players)
CO bets 3, Hero calls 3

River: (16.40) K of clubs (2 players)
CO bets 4, Hero raises to 21.60, CO calls 17.60

Final Pot: 59.60
CO mucks 3 of spades J of diamonds
Hero shows Q of clubs T of clubs (a Royal Flush)
Hero wins 56.80
(Rake:2.80)

Villain donk posts and then minraises. When I see somebody do either of those things, and especially both, I  automatically assume he's not very good. (Usually a safe assumption.) His bet-sizing is terrible on every street and I can't believe I got paid off when I made a pot-size raise on the river. I was almost didn't raise river just because I wanted to go to showdown so people could see I hit the royal flush. When he called I honestly expected to see a poorly played full house instead of two pair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment