Monday, January 31, 2011

Poker Results For January 2011

Aaaaaaaat laaaaaaaaaassst....

I finally had a winning month. Not even just a break even month like I was hoping. A small (very small) winning month. I had forgotten what it felt like to finish the month with an earned profit. After six straight months of losing, breaking even would've felt good. Winning feels just a bit better. (Although, I didn't shed any manly tears like I thought I might.)


I started off the month in bad shape, and once I hit that bottom spike at around the 5k hands mark, I dropped down a level in stakes. (which is good, at the lower level I ran 24.41 bb/100, before the level drop I was running at -11.33 bb/100.)

One thing that I'm surprised about is I didn't clear even 12k hands. I thought, I would've wound up playing a larger total amount of hands. After all, I played more tables since I was playing at a lower level in stakes. I suppose I just devoted more time to studying than time at the tables. Clearly that paid off.

For now, the plan is to keep doing what I'm doing. I haven't decided yet when I should move back up another level. I'm definitely rolled to move back up, but I might stay lower for a bit to build more of a cushion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment