Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Still Can't Think Of A Title

Mocking The Dog
It's been pretty warm (relatively speaking) the last few days, but a few days ago it was so cold that we had to bundle the dog up in her sweater to take her out. After that I kept calling her Dr Huxtable, so I wonder if that's a form of animal cruelty?


The League
Aside from watching a few minutes of the pilot, I never watched THE LEAGUE. For whatever reason, I caught reruns the first two episodes on Saturday night, and now I've watched all but the last episode of the first season. After that I plan on catching up on season 2. Funny stuff. I didn't expect to like it because I'm not into football at all, but you don't have to be to enjoy the show.


Games
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS ran horribly on my PC. Looks like I'll have to go with the console version. I may wait until I get another 360 since I hear the 360 version looks a bit better than the PS3 version. BLACK OPS is the first PC game in years that hasn't run on my machine. Guess I need some upgrades. Oh well, back to FALLOUT NEW VEGAS for me.

Poker
Ran really well for five days up until Wednesday afternoon. Then I had a bad session, hit my stoploss and quit. (My two biggest losing hands were having a big pocket pair that ran into a better pocket pair. JJ vs KK and KK vs AA.) Then about fiften minutes after I quit, I saw on 2+2 that the new Stars update was out and it added configurable bet-sizing buttons, so I played a short one table session to config the buttons and test them out. They work really well, it's about time Stars caught up to Full Title on that sort of simple functionality. As a bonus, I made a small fraction of my losses back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment